- There is an individual and a community aspect to the church.
- We as a community are expressions of Jesus around the world.
- Jesus is glorified and people are saved when His body functions as it should.
- Be like Philip.
- Come and see is the easiest form of evangelism.
Questions for further thought or discussion:
- Discuss the various terms Peter uses to describe Christians in 1 Peter 2:9-10 . How do you see yourself in each of the roles?
- Do you think the world sees more of the body (organism) of Jesus’ followers or more of the organization of Jesus’ followers? What is the reason for your opinion?
- How have you been most effective in your evangelism?
- How do you measure success in life? What is the best kind of “inheritance” to leave behind?
9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.